The Rubi Girls Scholarship
The Rubi Girls Scholarship was established to celebrate the achievement of individuals who best represent the mission and ideals of the Rubi Girls.
The Rubi Girls Scholarship was established in 2020 to celebrate the achievement of individuals who best represent the mission and ideals of the Rubi Girls through involvement and volunteerism with organizations that promote and support the LGBTQ+ community. Recipients demonstrate determination in reaching their goals with integrity and honesty. Outstanding high school or current college students in the Miami Valley who identify as LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. The mission of the Rubi Girls is to see an end to HIV/AIDS, discrimination, intolerance and injustice while looking forward to a day when everyone can live a more fulfilling life while being the person they were born to be.
- Be a current resident of the Miami Valley
- Be accepted or currently attending an accredited two-or four-year college, university or trade school as a full-time student
- Demonstrate academic success
- To foster a positive image of LGBTQ+ people and their allies, applicants should be involved in at least one of the following: be actively involved in a campus or community based LGBTQ+ or related organization; be a volunteer in LGBTQ+ or AIDS/HIV organization; or be an advocate on issues related to LGBTQ+ people
- Financial need may be used as a tiebreaker
- Which of the following LGBTQ+ activities are you involved with (make sure to explain your activities in the essay question):
- Submit an essay describing how you deal with society’s views of sexual orientation. Specifically elaborate what you have done, as either a LGBTQ+ person or straight ally, to present a positive image of sexual orientation and/or identity issues.
Last Year's Recipients
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Miami University Bio Chemistry